Tuesday 28 July 2015

There Is Beauty In Your Struggle

Hey Folks,

I know I have been away for a while and after being hounded over and over again about my next post, I decided to make the time and write this post. Apologies for my absence. My blog really is just an outlet for myself to get my thoughts out and I do forget that there are actual human beings out there who enjoy reading what I have to say and take time out of their day to read my blog. I do want to post more regularly but it is very difficult to make that promise because I am so busy most of the time and I write when I feel I have something to write about. I do want to do more posts about my outfits, but it's finding the time to take the pics and finding someone who has time to entertain my diva antics while trying to get the best shots. Enough babbling and I'll get on with today's post.

 Although the title gives away the content of this post, I will be covering a few things. If you read most of my posts, then you should be able to tell, I write from what I see around me and how people think and function on a daily basis. Most of us are on social media, whether it be Facebook, Instagram ( My personal fave), Twitter, Tumblr , Snapchat or even dating sites such as Tinder  ETC... Being the observer that I am, I have noticed a few things; as human beings we all want to present the best version of ourselves to the world. That really isn't a problem. It really isn't, After all we only show what we want the world to see. right? but as for every thing, I believe in limits and that is where the problem is. We live in a generation of "We Want It Now". No one wants to start from the bottom. In the club it is so easy to scream along with drake saying " we started from the bottom now we are here" but how many of us are really "here"? how many of us are really where we want to be? ....I am not saying it is bad to envision where you want to be but at the same time it is important to understand nothing happens over night. Drake wrote that song because he probably is where he wants to be but as the lyrics states he also started from the bottom. It is so easy to admire other people's success while not even giving a thought to the struggles it took to get there. So many people are ashamed of their struggles because on; Sarah's Instagram she looks like she has made it. Maybe Sarah is struggling just as much as you are. Ever given that a thought? or better yet, maybe Sarah has been through the struggles that she needed to go through in order to get to where she needs to be today. Every individual's journey is different and that is the beauty of life. Just because it takes you longer to get somewhere does not mean you have failed in life.

We are so wrapped up being materialistic, we forget what really matters. Every one wants to be at the top of the career ladder but those steps are in place for a reason. Why do we admire people just because of what is on the outside? Brands and designer labels does not automatically equal wealth but so many people seem to have that confused. There was a debate a few months back on twitter and I was dumbfounded at the things I was reading. We have people that genuinely believe getting on public transport means you are poor and having the latest season designer on means you're rich or come from a place of wealth. You just have to laugh at the ignorance of it all. So if Sally saves most of her income but Maxine runs off to Selfridges as soon as pay day hits but has nothing to show for it for the rest of the month, does that make Maxine more successful than Sally? I would like to think the answer was obvious but it clearly is not. How many Maxine's do we know? Personally I am very weary of the company I keep so I don't know that many Maxines but I know of them. They are everywhere. I really do believe social media has a big role to play in this. You log in and you see people in the latest Balenciaga's and the latest Hermes and Louboutins ( everyone's fave) and you want a part of it, all the sudden that £50 shoe from Topshop doesn't quite do it for you anymore and you "think" maybe I'll treat myself to a pair, I do work hard after all. The problem is that this habit is so easy to birth and can easily take over. Before you know it you are going into your overdraft to keep up appearance because that designer pair you spent your last penny on is "so last season" now and you need a new one or you walk past Selfridges and that new Prada bag just has your name all over it. Do brands validate who you are as a person? I also think knowing yourself  plays a big part. I do believe it is harder to succumb to social pressure if you know who you are and are confident in your skin. Impressing others, especially people you don't know should be the least of your priorities. I can be covered from head to toe in high street brands ( and a few of my bargains from the market) and I refuse to look down on myself or think the next person is better than me or more successful just because they have on more expensive clothes. Who I am as a individual and as a woman will never be justified by just what I have on or what car I have or even what my bank balance is. Any of those things can get taken from me in a blink of an eye but I remain me.

There is beauty in your struggle. Beauty in the work you put in. Beauty in your ambitions and knowing one day you will have every thing you have worked for. The ambitions. The sacrifice. The sleepless nights and even the unknowing of what tomorrow brings. There is beauty in it all!!!! As long as you see past the surface and understand the struggles are temporary and not permanent. If you didn't have to work that bit harder to achieve something, what weight does it hold? So many things in my personal life that I achieved last year were so hard and seemed so unobtainable to me at one point but all the struggles I went through makes it so much more valuable to me than if it was just handed to me. Who knows, I would probably take those things for granted. I used to wonder as a child why things didn't seem to just fall into my lap like it did for every one else around me? why did every thing take ten times longer in my case? but the older I get, I am starting to find the beauty in my struggles, it gives me a story. It has helped shaped the kind of woman I am today. The kind of woman that is willing to work hard for every thing she wants in life. The kind of woman that expects nothing to be handed to her. The kind of woman that doesn't give up at the first hurdle. The kind of woman that can hold her head held up high, knowing every thing she has is from the merits of her own hard work. The kind of woman I am proud to be. I don't have it all but I have my ambitions and my determination and I know that will take me far. So what else do I really need?... That's the beauty in my struggles.

                                         What Is The Beauty In Your Struggle ?



No comments:

Post a Comment