Friday 26 September 2014

The City Of Gold

Howdy Strangers
   From reading a few of my posts, I'm sure most of you have gathered by now I love Sex and the City and after watching one of  the movie a few years back, I became obsessed with Dubai. I really don't know how many times I watched the movie but I was adamant I had to visit Dubai. If it was good enough for Carrie Bradshaw, then it's good enough for me.I loved everything about the movie and I was sold. Decided I wanted to go for my birthday. Booked my holiday 6 months before I traveled and the wait seemed felt like it was FOREVER but I knew it would be worth the wait.
   OK, Dubai did not disappoint, it was everything I imagined it would be and more, I'm typing this  post sitting on my bed in London, Looking outside my window and not being able to tell if it is hot or cold outside (The joy of the English weather) wishing I could escape back to the wonderful city of gold. I went for 7 days ( big mistake ) and it went so quick like a blink of an eye. On my returns I shall be staying for minimum 10 days. 7 days is just far too short. Dubai has instantly become my favorite city and to think I didn't even get a chance to see half of what the country had to offer. The buildings were breath taking. Even in between cab rides I was in awe of the view. The people were friendly and polite, which made everything even more pleasant. The architecture of the buildings were insanely beautiful, Seeing the Burj Khalifa with my own eyes was an experience in itself, Sadly I did not get to go inside, which just means I have an excuse to return ( Not that I needed one). To think the country isn't completely finished being built and it still manages to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world is unarguable an achievement. Not sure how factual this is but I was told most parts of Dubai was recently built and some parts such as the Jumeirah Beach, where I stayed, was built around 2002. That is insane when you think about it. I think of it as this amazing baby city lol. Construction on the  Burj Khalifa began in 2004 and opened in 2010 and is now the tallest man made structure in the WORLD!!!!.
  Another reason why I was so drawn to the country and made me want to visit is the markets, known in Dubai as the souks. Anyone that knows me, knows I have an obsession with markets, I live for bargains, Bargains are the best things in the world, literally. Most of my most treasured items in my wardrobe have been from  markets, even items I intend on keeping and passing down to my kids are from markets. We visited two markets and picked out a few bargains that I am currently in love with. there was no way I was coming back to England without a pair of the Indian slippers ( If you didn't have a pair a few years back, whattttt were you thinking). I love them and I managed to bag myself a lil cute pair for a bargain. Bargains are a girls best friend ( mine anyways )
  Ok, enough of me waffling on. I know you want to see the pictures. I am going to have a separate post for the outfits I wore in Dubai because the scorching hot weather made it impossible to take any pictures. More than two seconds in the heat and I was melting away.


The View From Our Room























Train Station, Which Felt More Like An Aiport




The Moment I Realized I Had A Tan... Yay


The Tourist Life...

We Made Two Friends In Our Hotel Also On Holiday From London.




An Aquarium In A Shopping Mall. Only In Dubai


Burj Khalifa


During The Fountain Show

Peak Of The Fountain Show



Proud Of Myself For Capturing This lol

Outside the Souk (Market)

Felt Right At Home

I loved Them But Wasn't My size :'(

Collection Of Old Notes




Hand Made Sand vases As You Wait. Talent


How Many Markets Do You Know That Has It's Own Pool?

What A Mannequin

Fierce Or What?

One Of My Purchases

My New Favorite Clutch

Mandatory Selfie with The Burj Khalifa












                                                              XO

4 comments:

  1. DUBAI IS ON MY HOLIDAY LIST. WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sex and the city yessssssss, loved the movie. lol definately makes you want to go dubai

    ReplyDelete
  3. woooow dubai is stunning! definitely visiting now. Love your post!!

    ReplyDelete